The Right Tools to Use to Save Big
Whether working at home or in the office, your filing system can support the management and growth of your business – if implemented the right way. Here are five essential elements to
The COVID-19 pandemic has been brutal to nearly all businesses. With nearly 79% of small businesses reporting a negative effect by last summer*, cutting costs is more important than ever to survive in this tough environment. Here are some user-friendly virtual tools to help you get work done on a budget.
- Free conference lines. Remote calls are a breeze thanks to several free conference line services, many of which come with screen sharing and video conferencing. One option is UberConference. It’s free to sign up for calls lasting up to 45 minutes.
- Multimedia design. Multimedia design and video tools such as Pablo, Canva, and Animoto will help employees tap into their creative sides. These online tools are easy to use, cost effective and produce high-quality visuals. Creating excellent social graphics, flyers, newsletters, online ads, and videos is made simple with these tools. Plus, they’re a great replacement for a full-time graphic designer or in-house production team.
- Google Drive. Using Google Drive can be a game changer in a collaborative environment, especially for smaller teams and projects. Set everyone up with a Google Drive account and you’ll have the ability to work on documents together as a team, share items with one another, upload files and more. Google Drive offers a variety of documents, including traditional documents, spreadsheets, slides, forms, etc.
- Project management platforms. In the same vein, using tools to help manage projects and accounts can be extremely helpful for someone with a lot on their plate. Online tools – like com – are excellent devices to keep everyone in-sync with project statuses, next steps and assigning out tasks. This type of tool is often free with limited capabilities, and additional services are available for a fee. Try the free applications to find a match with your team before switching to a more advanced model.
- Social media. Social media channels – like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter – are free services that have the power to amplify any message for your client or your own company. Organically post to build credibility for your business, attract potential customers or clients through strong, interesting content and connect with people through the platforms. There are many avenues to explore on social media and starting with the freebies is a perfect place to start.
* August 2020 U.S. Census Bureau Small Business Pulse Survey
Check out the most recent posts
All office papers may look the same at a glance, but there is a lot to learn when it comes to which paper is right for your needs. Simply put, different types of documents call for different paper. Since no one sheet fits every project, we’ve compiled a list of paper attributes to consider when looking for the right paper for the job.
For decades, Boise Paper has been made right here in the United States. But why is “Made in the USA” an important distinction when shopping for paper? Here are some of the reasons why U.S.-made paper is a more environmentally friendly option than imported products.
The COVID-19 pandemic and the “Great Resignation” have altered employee expectations in many ways, and companies are reevaluating internal communications practices in response.
Did you know not all sustainable products are created equal? Every month more brands pop up claiming to be more sustainable. Unfortunately, sustainability can be a complex topic that many customers don’t fully understand. When it comes to paper, some think “sustainable” and “recycled” are the same thing, but they’re not.